16 April 2010

ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL QUILT FESTIVAL/CHICAGO



































































OH WHAT A FUN DAY TODAY WAS!!!

Went to the International Quilt Festival today at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL with my Sister!!!! Oh what a fun time we had - took a lot of pictures of some of the most amazing quilts I have ever seen and then went to look at them before we left and somehow DELETED them - So had to backtrack and I just took a few of my favorites...Enjoy the eye candy...
I especially liked the yellow one - that is why I took so many of that one. You would never know we were in a recession or whatever we are in there were soooo many ladies buying fabric and patterns and kits - Yes, I was one of them - I couldn't help it, every booth was just so much fun to look at and see all the creations that they were selling - This was my first Quilt Festival and it was fantastic. Some lady told me it is the last one in Illinois - next year it is going to be in Cincinnati - so am glad I finally made it!
And a word on Cooper - he is recoving very quickly - so all of your prayers have surely been answered - Now to just be able to keep him in a quiet mode - not an easy task - but Monday will be 2 weeks down and 5 more to go! We are getting there!
Many Hugs,
Mary

5 comments:

  1. What pretty quilts! Glad Cooper is doing well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What beautiful quilts. I can imagine that you had a blast! I have many quilting friends and I know they will be envious of you today ;-)

    Glad you enjoyed yourself!
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful quilts. My friend and I went to this quilt show a few years ago. It was so overwhelming. It was the first major quilt show we went to. We have since gone to Paducah and Nashville. It is totally amazing to see how creative quilters are. Glad you enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what beautiful quilts but I just adore the second one. I have made a quilt with a similar applique block in the centre. We have the Australasian Quilt Convention coming up at the end of this month and I can't wait to go. All those quilts and vendors under the one roof!!!

    So pleased Cooper is feeling better, but I guess the down side is that he will want to run and play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time you had! I don't suppose I will be doing big quilt shows like that any more.

    ReplyDelete