11 April 2010

COOPER IS HOME AND RECOVERING!







This post is not about sewing or my quilting, this is about my furry buddy, COOPER. Last week Cooper has surgery on his left hind leg - he tore is acu tendon so they had to repair his knee and he is on lots of pain meds and antibiotic and anti-inflamatory drugs. He can't run for 8 weeks or go for a walk - i have to keep him on a short leash to go outside to the bathroom and am putting ice on his leg 3 times a day for 15 minute intervals. He is being very brave and kisses me everytime I apply ice on his leg - what a trooper. I just love Labs - they are the sweetest most gentle dogs that I have ever had the honor of owning. Cooper is truly my buddy! Tomorrow will be one week down, 7 more to go...so will keep everyone updated on Cooper's recovery.


Lots of Hugs to all of you and your "special" furry friends,


Mary

10 comments:

  1. I hope you can keep the guy "quiet" for that long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have own several and it is like they can understand what you are doing for them. The have that unconditional love for you also. Loyal pals to the end. He will do fine. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our yellow lab has had knee surgery. He vomited many times - not sure if it was from the pain or the medicine or a combo. Finally the vet told us it would just take time (I think we were thinking he would recover from the surgery sooner). So, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a good boy! My mom's dog, a rottweiler/shepard mix, had that same surgery last June. These big doggies, it must be hard on the their joints. I never even knew dogs had knees before she got hurt, and I've had big dogs all my life, LOL.
    Wishing a speedy recovery for your guy! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going through the same thing with my dog. We're on week 7. All that physical restriction seems daunting at first but it gets better as you go along.

    Follow instructions exactly. Having the surgery twice because you let something slide would be awful.

    We came very close to going through it all again after the dog slipped on a wood floor. Wood floors are bad for dogs! Grr. Good luck with your Lab cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor Cooper! I think it is going to be a very long 8 weeks for him. Before we got Buddy we had two labs, mother and daughter, one black and one golden like Cooper. They are the best! So loving and caring - they worry about you more than themselves. Give Cooper a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brave dog, Cooper is. I'm glad he's back home, but even more glad he's got a good mommy like you to help him heal. Dogs are the best!!! I wish sometimes people were as good as them.

    I'll be remembering Cooper in my prayers and hope for a speedy and complete recouvery. I know how much Labs love to run.

    All the best,
    Doris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Cooper is back home and happy! Good luck with his recovery and hopefully we will see all of you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a trooper, that Cooper. Breaks my heart that he hurts, but isn't it great that there is help for him. Hugs to you and Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Очень сочувствую вам по поводу болезни вашей собаки...Мы в прошлом году потеряли своего лабродора,до сих пор плачем...

    ReplyDelete