27 August 2008

AUGUST 27, 2008








I AM 50 TODAY, WOW!!!

GROWING UP BIRTHDAYS IN OUR HOME WERE ALWAYS VERY SPECIAL AND SIMPLE. MOM USUALLY MADE YOUR FAVORITE PIE OR CAKE AND MADE YOUR FAVORITE DINNER. FOR ME, IT WAS DEFINATELY, "MEATLOAF"! LOVED MY MOM'S MEATLOAF!

AS A TEENAGER, IT WAS CUSTOM TO DECORATE YOUR FRIENDS LOCKERS AND MAKE THEM A BIRTHDAY "BOW". WHICH CONSISTED OF A PAPER PLATE WITH RIBBONS AND CANDY ATTACHED, THEN PINNED ON THE PERSON SO THEY COULD WALK AROUND SCHOOL AND EVERYONE WOULD KNOW IT WAS THEIR BIRTHDAY.

UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME, MY BIRTHDAY ALWAYS FELL ON BOOK DAY OR THE DAY YOU PICKED UP YOUR SCHEDULE, SO NO BIRTHDAY BOW FOR ME AND MY LOCKER WAS USUALLY NOT ASSIGNED YET...SO...AS I RECALLED ME NUMEROUS STORIES TO MY LOVELY THREE KIDS, THEY DECIDED AFTER I WENT TO BED LAST NIGHT TO DECORATE MY "LOCKER", WHICH AS A MOM IS THE "REFRIGERATOR"!!! SO...WHEN I GOT UP THIS MORNING SCHOOL, LOOK WHAT THEY TO GET MY YOUNGEST OFF ON THE BUS FOR HIGH DID!!!!THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN A LOCKER, A BIRTHDAY BOW OR ALL THE FUSS MADE BY FRIENDS, THIS WAS DONE BY MY KIDS, THE ONES THAT HOLD MY HEART! I FEEL SO GRATEFUL THAT I HAVE THESE THREE YOUNG ADULTS AND TEENAGER IN MY LIFE. THEY TEACH ME KNEW THINGS EVERYDAY. SOMETIMES I FORGET TO THANK THEM FOR ALL THE SMILES, LAUGHS AND TEARS!! THEY MAKE MY LIFE WORTH LIVING. THEY ARE ALWAYS CHANGING AND JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE NOT APPRECIATED...WELL, BALLOONS HAPPEN AND IT MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE!! THANK YOU GOD FOR MY KATE, MIKE AND EMILY, HOW REALLY BLESSED I AM. THEY HAVE GROWN UP SOOOO QUICK, THE RIDE HAS BEEN FAST, BUT I HOPE THEY KNOW I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE, TO LAUGH OUT LOUD, TO WIPE THE TEARS, TO SCREAM IN PROTESTS, TO SMILE WITH LOVE. YEP, I'M A VERY LUCKY MOM TO HAVE THESE THREE AS MY KIDS. THANK YOU GOD!

SO, FOR ALL THE LOCKERS THAT WENT UNDECORATED AND FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY BOWS I DID NOT GET, LOOK WHAT I DID GET...PRICELESS LOVE FROM 3 VERY SPECIAL KIDS. LIFE IS WORTHWHILE, LIFE IS PRICELESS...I FOUND THAT OUT IN MY KITCHEN THIS MORNING!!

HAVE A HAPPY DAY AND THANK YOU DAVE FOR BEING THE FATHER YOU ARE TO OUR 3 SPECIAL KIDS!!

LOVE,

MARY (50 IS LOOKING PRETTY DARN GREAT) OH I FORGOT TO MENTION MY MAILBOX WAS EVEN DECORATED WITH BIRTHDAY BALLOONS!!!! OH MY!!!

15 comments:

  1. I got teary-eyed when reading your story about your decorated fridge. That is VERY sweet of your kids to do that. It is a credit to you and your hubby that they are such thoughtful kids. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    Pat in DE (who is STILL anonymous here with google/blogger!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what your kids did for you! Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS PAT AND CINDY!! 50 ISN'T AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE...ALTHOUGH ONLY BEEN 50 FOR 1/2 A DAY!!!! LOL AT MYSELF,
    HUGS, MARY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary hope you had a lovely day. I turned 40 this year so at last a month of celebration is called for lots of going out to dinner with friends and lots of lots of pressies to buy for yourself just because.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, That is the SWEETEST thing that the 3 kids did that for you!!!! You have raised them to be thoughtful, kind and loving and you should be so very PROUD of yourself for doing such a great job in this sometimes CRAZY world that we live in :) :)
    Nothing is better than to be surrounded by the LOVE of your family on a Special Birthday! You deserve the BEST and today, well...You Got It!!!
    Love You, Peggy
    P.S. I am so sorry that back in H.S. I never thought to decorate your locker a week or two after school began, and include a "Candy Ribbon" for you to wear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day for you. And great kiddos too! Happy birthday and many more special ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary happy birthday.
    today is my birthday too and the miniature quilter also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww.
    that's the sweetest thing!!!
    <3

    thanks for telling us to come here from yahoo group, i really enjoyed my stay.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, Happy Birthday (a day late). Your lovely family gave you a wonderful start to your very special day!
    I have just started back to reading blogs and am happy I checked in with you.
    Jeanne in MA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! And Happy Birthday to "Fiesta" blogger!! And you are in the LQS2...how cool. Thanks again for visiting everyone! Lots of Hugs, Mary
    P.S. And Peg, being my Bestest Friend in H.S. was so much better than having a locker decorated! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, What a nice birthday treat for you! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your pics especially of your dog Cooper. cheers, QGB

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was so sweet of them, Mary! I'm sure they learned their thoughtfulness from you and your husband.

    Happy (belated) Birthday!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gift to have such wonderful children!

    Happy Birthday (a little late)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet is that.....
    My birthday is 12/22 and school was usually out by then for Christmas so I didn't get locker decorated nor did I get a cake or anything....Thankfully, hubby and the kids always make my day special..
    Happy Belated Birthday
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete